This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Do you think it's possible to not have a tab path for the home page?

May 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
This question is by an SEO expert who's working with me on the Blog module. He's prefer it if the urls for modules on the home page didn't even need to include /home/ in the path. I was going through your code but I'm not sure it can be done. What do you think? Possible or not?

Peter
May 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Edited May 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Hi Peter,

It is already implemented in the FriendlyUrlProvider (for generating the urls) when rule.RemoveTab is set to true (exemple in the ctlUrlRulePRovider).

In v 0.2 i have implemented this also in the UrlRewriteModule (for rwriting incomming requests).

So it will be possible !

in v 0.2

if the module is only present on 1 tab (exception for 2 dnn core localization tabs of the same page)
May 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Cool. I'm looking forward to v 0.2 already.

Peter
May 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Peter v 0.2 is there !

Is it fine if i put the beta of the blog module on the demo site of openurlwriter ?
If yes, can you send me the provider you have made ?

Do the blog module stores blog post title in cache ? If yes, now the provider can monitor this cache key to automaticaly refrech the the url rules.
Or alternatively, your module can forse a refresh of the OpenUrlRewriter cache by clearing his cache :

string cacheKey = "UrlRuleConfig" + portalId;
DataCache.ClearCache(cacheKey);
May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Woot! Nice work. I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. I'll make sure you have access to my work. In fact you can already find the source here:

https://dnnblog.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/87046dca91e572ceac3ad4c1e93b06f5263b823d

You'll spot the _OpenUrlRewriter folder.

I plan to make a new build available one of these days. This time a beta.

Peter
May 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
So how do I enter my "blank" url page? I.e. how do I tell it to not incude page name for the home page?

Thanks,
Peter
May 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Edited May 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Peter,

What you need is "TabId" set to the tab where the module is present and "RemoveTab" set to true on the UrlRule.

You can find a full exemple in the new propertyAgentUrlRuleProvider v1.1 where removing the page depend on a provider attribute in the web.config

Source code
May 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM
The new propertyAgentUrlRuleProvider v1.1 also include the generation of 1 rule for each tab where the module is present to avoid url clashing.