This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Url Rewriter for Multiple module

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Hi Sacha,

Can we use url rewriter for different dnn modules [ for example case study & News]?

If yes, can you please tell me how to do that?

Regards,
Geo
Mar 26, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Yes you can.
Which modules are you using ?
Regards,
Sacha
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Hi Sacha,

Sorry for delay... i didnt see the mail.

Module 1. CaseStudy Module
Module 2. News Module

Both Modules created by myself.

Do i need to create a new url provider class inside url.provider?

and

add the new provider in config.

<urlRule defaultProvider="CaseStudyUrlProvider">
  <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="tabUrlRuleProvider" type="Satrabel.HttpModules.Provider.TabUrlRuleProvider, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" useKeyWords="true" />
    <add name="userUrlRuleProvider" type="Satrabel.HttpModules.Provider.UserUrlRuleProvider, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" />
    <add name="ctlUrlRuleProvider" type="Satrabel.HttpModules.Provider.CtlUrlRuleProvider, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" />
    <add name="CaseStudyUrlProvider" type="CDG.UrlProvider.CaseStudyUrlProvider" includePageName="false" />
  </providers>
</urlRule>
Is that the way we use url rewriter for differenct modules?
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Hi,

Yes that ok if your source code is in App_code (because you don't specify the asembly).

For implementing the provider look at :
https://openurlrewriter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Implementing%20a%20new%20provider&referringTitle=Documentation

You can also find more complex examples in the source code or the news articles providers.

One's the provider generates rules, you can see them in the openurlrewriter admin module with the number of rules generated by the provider.

Regards,
Sacha