DNN 7.2 and NBStore v2.3.8 Rel3

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Hi! I've try to install Open Url Rewriter 1.1.5 Beta and NBStore Provider 1.3 but I'm no more able to view product details page. For example the url /mywebsite/shop/prodid=1 show all products and not the details of product Id 1
Other problem is that open sitemap page I can't find NBStore products
If my PC is on you can have a look at this link: http://217.133.31.33/dnn721/negozio
How to fix?
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I've find the problem, the provider don't work if NBStore product SEOName is missed!
I've try to change the provider code to fix it although it seemed already right, but nothing change, with this DNN and modules version it seems that the URL is not controlled by Open Url Rewriter!
Also from sitemap my products are still missing!
you can get feedback on this?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Thanks for your feedback,

I add the managment of this case to the next release

Regards,
Sacha
Apr 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I would like to correct the statement that the products do not appear on sitemap, they appear but only if they belong to at least one category, I would add that if for a product is selected more than one category, this product is repeated for each category and I do not know if this is correct!

About the NBStore Provider I've tried to comment all the Rules.Add void and recompile, the result is that from the sitemap all products disappear (and this is correct), but the URL Rewrite does not change in any way and so I assume that it is controlled by someone else, I guess directly from NBStore module (see Link_DataBinding Sub in ProductTemplate.vb) !
you can get feedback on this?
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Hi,

The url rules generated for rewiting and the sitemap are based on all installed NB_Store_ProductList modules.
And also on some of there module settings.
  • ProductTabs : if different then current tab, no rules are generated
  • BrowseCategory : to generates rules for child categories
  • DefaultCategory : limits the rules generated to this category.
  • CascadeResults : to generates rules for products of child categories
If some more then 1 NB_Store_ProductList, in some cases some urls can appair duplicated in the site map.

I will try in next version to not generates urls in the sitemap when "Indexed" is uncheck in module settings of NB_Store_ProductList module.

I have also seen that already when the seoname of the product is empty, the product naùe is used.

Regards,
Sacha
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Hi,

I have realeased new nb store provider to correct sitemap depending on the "Index" setting of the productList module.

And release a new version of openurlrewriter 1.2 with correction for the sitemap generation.

Attention : install openurlrewriter 1.2 before the new provider.

Regards,
Sacha
May 1, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Edited May 2, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Hi Sacha!
Thanks for your fast response and wonderful work, but something still does not work!
I've moved the application on public server so that you can see the problem anytime, you can see it here : http://95.110.156.112/dnn721/negozio
Dnn Version: 7.2.1
NBStore: 2.3.8 Rel3
OpenUrlProvider: 7.1.2
NBStore Provider: 1.4
The big problem is yet that after installed Open Url Provider all the products without SeoName are no more displayable, for example in my test application the "Prodotto1Name" is the only with SeoName and it is displayable, clicking instead on "Prodotto2Name" or "Prodotto3Name" nothing is displayed because I've no added SeoName for them.
I've added test user with edit permission on your module (Username: test Password: 12345678) but If you need you can ask me host access by email: scippy [at] gmx.com

Regards,
Scippy.
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Hi,

If you send me host acess to sachatrauwaen [at] yahoo.com , i will have a look.
Regards,
Sacha
May 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Any news about!?
Thanks.
Coordinator
May 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Hi,

I try to find out why the url is not ok when no seoname is present.
But can't find the raison.

Can you send me a copy of your install and db ?

(with https://www.wetransfer.com/ for exemple)

So will debug it.

Regards,
Sacha
Coordinator
May 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Hi,

I debug your installation.
I have seen there was some errors in nb_store which calling url generating with prodid=2 as page name.

After install the latest nb_store package from codeplex it was resolved.
Url's for product without seoname generates /prodid/2 but without rewriting to product name.

After installing nb_store open url provider v 1.4.1 everything works ok.

Regards,
Sacha
May 24, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Edited May 24, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Hi!
Which version of NB Store you have installed?
The 2.3.8 rel.3 is the latest for production usage.
Thanks
Coordinator
May 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Hi,

Yes, but i think it's updated in may.

Regrds,
Sacha
Nov 3, 2015 at 7:17 AM
Edited Nov 3, 2015 at 7:17 AM
SOLVED!
I've find the solution at this problem! You can fix the seoname missing bug with these simple steps:
1-Go in NB Store Back Office
2-Open Utility tab and edit the setting urlname.column
3-Change SEOName to ProductName
4-Exit to Backoffice and clear web site cache

for some reason I do not know when the field SEOName is missing, NBStore overrides url provider. In this way you can bypass the problem!
You can see working site at this link: http://preview.tinyurl.com/pvpkz7r