This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DNN 7.4 - Open Url Rewriter upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.3.1

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:23 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2015 at 1:27 AM
I am running DNN 7.4 with two languages enabled. After upgrading to 1.3.1 I get:
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Module: DirectoryListingModule 
Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler 
Handler: StaticFile 
Error Code: 0x00000000 
for all pages, "/admin" also gives the same error however all urls under admin work, but "/host" doesn't error.

It is obvious to me the Rewriting rules are not working and IIS is returning this because there is not static content found to serve.
However, I do not know how to fix this, exactly where things have gone wrong... any pointers please?

In Open Url Rewriter -> SiteSettings -> Providers only the four providers & UserKeyWords are ticked the rest - UseDisplayName & RemoveHomePage are not enabled.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you in advance!
Emil
Feb 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Hi,

i just check v1.3.1 it on a new dnn 7.4 install and the host menu works fine.

Can you check in admin, open rl rewriter if you see the admin pages in the "view cache".

If you send me a host access to sachatrauwaen [at] yahoo.com, i will have a look.

Regards,
Sacha
Feb 23, 2015 at 2:47 AM
Hi Sacha,

I have just sent you an email with details to take a look - it is definitely something to do with the localization settings on the site because after the upgrade the language part of the url is not rewritten. for example "/en/home" becomes "/home"

I hope it can be resolved with config updates if not I'll be glad to help improving the OpenUrlRewriter with my test case :)

Thanks a lot for your great work!

Regards,
Emil
Feb 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM
HI,

The problem is that you need 1 primay alias without a langage and no language in the ste alias url
and 1 alias for each language with a language and a different site alias url

I have configured it in this way, now ererithing works ok.

Regards,
Sacha
Marked as answer by sachatrauwaen on 2/23/2015 at 12:33 PM