Functional for all portals BUT NOT on '0'?

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM
We've used the re-writer since the beginning, and with each DNN upgrade everything has been fine. This time however (DNN 7.3.1 >7.4.2) I have lost the re-writer function ONLY on portal 0 - all the other portals work fine. I cannot access the re-writer tab on portal 0 unless the module is deleted. All rewriter and providers are the latest.

The only records in the url table for portal 0 are the users and the ctls - there are no tabid records for portal 0 (unlike all the other portals that have all the tabs listed)

I've spent over 10 hours trying all I can think of - deleting the extension and all providers. Reinstalling and loading several hundred portals to have them add records to the URL table. I've tried to compare the webconfig file - all with nothing.

The log error when I try to open the UrlRewriter admin tab for portal 0 is simply "object not found" and the paths on portal 0 all have the trailing tabid "url.com/tabname/tabid/1111".

Any hints?
Oct 27, 2015 at 3:36 AM
I've Dnn7.4.2 and all work fine, but if you have this problem you can use open url provider simply adding it on one tab like every other module.
Oct 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM
One of the first things I tried was deleting the module from portal 0 and the recycle bin, then reinstalling it as you say "like every other module"

That didn't fix it, or change the 'object not found' for the OpenURLrewriter page (as soon as the new module is on the page)
Nov 2, 2015 at 7:03 AM
I've spent another day on this rebuilding everything step-by-step to identify where in the upgrade path the failure occurs.

I can get it all to work on DNN 7.4.2 with 751 portals up to version 1.3.2 of the OpenUrlRewriter. Upon upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 I loose access to the portal 0 OpenUrl Admin page (unless I delete the module - but that's not a solution)

For now, I'll just leave it alone and try again after DNN upgrades again.
Marked as answer by intelligent on 11/2/2015 at 12:04 AM