This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Couple of SiteMap problems

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM
First i really like the nb store provider, its way better than ifinities attempt.
I am however having a couple of issues with the sitemap generated by this module.

I have three instances of a productlist module on my homepage, one showing a regular "new" products category, one showing products flagged as "Featured" in the back office and one showing a another regular category.

The problems i am having are that the new and featured instances are set to;
"index this module = no" and "browsing enabled = false". 
The sitemap is generating urls for all products under this pages url. and
browsing to those urls attempts to load the productdetail in that module (its just a tiny thumbnail image module) so should not be loading details as the page for that is elsewhere.

So the firstly, is it possible to have the sitemap obey the productlist modules "index this module" setting and not create urls for those instances?

Second, my page priorities are not being used, it is using depth from root not the value i set in page properties, how can i use these?

I can show you the page its on, but it not setup to run open url (im testing locally before i go live) but at least you will know how its setup to work... www.vjtech.co.uk

other than that this is a great addition and i like it alot, thanks so much for creating it.
Aug 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM
So the firstly, is it possible to have the sitemap obey the productlist modules "index this module" setting and not create urls for those instances?
I think the best way to handle this is : not generate url rules for productlist modules with "product detail tab" different than the current tab.
In you case there is always a productlist module on the "product detail tab". Is it right ?
So i generate not this not used urls for the product show on other pages. And it also not generates it in the sitemap.

At this moment i can't have url rules that are not in the sitemap.

Mean "browsing enabled = false" that the productlist module don't show categories ?
Second, my page priorities are not being used, it is using depth from root not the value i set in page properties, how can i use these?
This normaly done in menu Admin/Search Engine SiteMap.
Uncheck "Use page level based priorities?"
Do you have done it ?

Regards,
Sacha
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Q) In you case there is always a productlist module on the "product detail tab". Is it right ?
A) In my case this is correct, however if we use the "index this module" setting it will also fit in with the DNN+NB Store site search indexing and exclude products/urls from the site search as well as the sitemap so it would be a better solution overall as site search results and sitemap results would match.

Q) Mean "browsing enabled = false" that the productlist module don't show categories ?
A) No,
"Browsing enabled = true" means that the detail tab (in settings) is used to show product details
"Browsing enabled = false" means this product list module is used to show product details.
I think this setting is not required/important after all, i think this part can be ignored if "index this module" setting is used.

Q) This normaly done in menu Admin/Search Engine SiteMap., Uncheck "Use page level based priorities?", Do you have done it ?
A) I had, but i needed to clear sitemap cache on the same page.
Aug 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Hi,

I have released a beta 1.3 of the nb_store provider.
https://openurlrewriter.codeplex.com/releases/view/110745
  • don't generate rewrite rules for products when productlist module detail product tab is different than current tab
  • don't generate rewrite rules for categories when productlist modules Browse is disabled
This removes also duplicate urls of the sitemap

Tell me of this resolves your sitemaps problems.

Remark : I will try also to manage "index this module". But this need a modification of the OpenUrlRewriter Core.

Regards,
Sacha
Aug 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
This has worked great for me and i no longer have lots of duplicates in the sitemap.
Thanks