This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't install provider

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Hi:
I can't install PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter_01.01.00_Install.zip in DNN 7.1.1
Must I install another thing before? I have the URL rewriter installed.

Thank's in advance,
Oscar
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Oscar,
Have you first installed the Open Url Rewriter?
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Hi,

You have to install :

Open Url Rewriter71_xx_xx_xx.zip

PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter_01.01.00_Install.zip

PageLocalization must also be installed before PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter_01.01.00_Install.zip

What the error message ?

Regards,
Sacha
Aug 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Hi:

After Open Url Rewriter71_xx_xx_xx.zip I try to install Apollo Page Localization Provider 1.1 and I get this error:

"A mandatory package is not installed - PageLocalization"
I have PageLocalization activated in the website...
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Ok:
I found https://pagelocalization.codeplex.com/ and now I can install PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter_01.01.00_Install.zip.

But now the only page I can see is the home one in the default language. The rest are 404... if I have TabUrlRuleProvider checked
Aug 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Hi,

First, try to clear the cache.

Do you already install the PageLocalization module and try to configure page name in other languages ?

You don't have activate content localization in DNN ?
(you have to choise between PageLocalization or DNN content localization )

Can you also look in the OpenUrlRewriter module if you can see Tab Rules with Cultures ?

It is not a problem if TabUrlRuleProvider is checked because rules with culture overrides the rules without culture.

Regards,
Sacha
Aug 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Hi,
If I disable the localizaed content I loose the pages. I had the usual DNN localization up
Aug 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hi,

Maybe you have misunderstand the use of PageLocalization.

The PageLocalization module is a module with you can use if you don't want to duplicate pages for your multi-language website.
This because all the content is managed with multi-language capable modules like MLHTML.

In this case PageLocalization help you to localize the page names for the menu.

If you use DNN Content localization, you don't need the PageLocalization module.
And you don't need also PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter_01.01.00_Install.zip

The OpenUrlRewriter manage standard the multi-language urls generated by the dnn content localization.

Regards,
Sacha
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Ok.
So I'm in the starting point. I mean, DNN localization, Open Url Rewriter with TabUrlRuleProvider checked, without PageLocalization module, without PageLocalization_OpenUrlRewriter and link looks ok but.... 404.

So I try with PageLocalization module.

It's Ok. Must be a conflict with page names, recycle bin, bad installed languages...

You can close this if you want.

Thank's a lot,
Oscar