alias per language

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hi

I saw that you refer
  • Use of portal aliases for Multi-language websites (no Culture rules anymore)
  • alias redirection in dnn 7.1.*
Can you give me some directions?

I want to use 3 different alias and i want them to work per language. so when changing language in the flags the sub domain changes (alias)

en.xxx.com for en-us flag
pt.xxx.com for pt-Pt flag
es.xxx.com for es-Es flag

Is this possible?

Best

Jose
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hi,

In DNN 7.1.x when you add a new language, a new alias is automatically created for that language.
This is standard dnn stuff.
For example : www.mywebsite.com/pt-PT
This alias is used when the user navigate in that new language.

If you don't have it, because you upgrade from an older version, then you have to create them.

You have to create 1 primary alias for each language (in addition of the default alias).
It also to create the alias the way you ask.

I not yet created that kind of alias on a production website.
So, let me know if everything works right.

Regards,
Sacha
Oct 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Hi

Thank you for answering.
I did several tests and i can´t see alias changing when i change language in the portal.
Something wrong.....

You refer that Open Url Rewriter creates a sitemap that respects multilingual according to google rel="alternate" hreflang="x"
I am using this portal for tests http://pt.refreshmultimedia.com
When i browse sitemap i can´t see both languages reflected there. Any help?
http://pt.refreshmultimedia.com/SiteMap.aspx

Maybe both problems are related some how.

Thanks

Jose
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Hi,

1) I did several tests and i can´t see alias changing when i change language in the portal.
Something wrong.....
can you check your web.config for :
<add name="OpenFriendlyUrl" type="Satrabel.Services.Url.FriendlyUrl.OpenFriendlyUrlProvider, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" includePageName="true" regexMatch="[^a-zA-Z0-9 _-]" urlFormat="advanced" fileExtension="" />
Do you have urlFormat="advanced" ?

If you are in advanced urlformat DNN create a new alias when you add a la&nguage to your portal.
Otherwise you can add it afterwards and specifiy the language (maybe only possible on DNN 7.1.1).
2) sitemap
can you check your web.config for :
<add name="SitemapHandler" path="Sitemap.aspx" verb="*" type="Satrabel.Services.Sitemap.OpenSitemapHandler, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" preCondition="integratedMode" />
and
<add name="openUrlRewriterSitemapProvider" type="Satrabel.SitemapProviders.OpenUrlRewriterSitemapProvider, Satrabel.OpenUrlRewriter" providerPath="~\Providers\MembershipProviders\Sitemap\OpenUrlRewriterSitemapProvider\" />
Can you find this 2 lines ?

Witch DNN and openurlrewriter version are you using ?

Regards,
Sacha
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Hi

Thank you for your post

This test site is on DNN712 and Open url rewriter 1.0.1

All references you refer are in the webconfig. I had it with human friendly and change it to advanced. Do I need to be in advanced to use all features of Open URL rewriter?

I added a new language german and a new alias come up pt.refreshmultimedia.com/de-de .It looks that it takes a default one and add /de-de
I tried to change it for /test and it stops working.

I realize that now you can have more than one primary alias. You can have 1 per language. I expected that to be the reason for not working but after thousands of tests no results.

I have it now like this:

Primary Site Alias Language
yes pt.refreshmultimedia.com pt-PT
yes host.refreshmultimedia.com en-US
yes pt.refreshmultimedia.com/de-de de-DE

When changing language it keeps adding languages has parameters and not respecting any alias change

In the sitemap i can not see changes either.

It gets to the point to present a url like http://pt.refreshmultimedia.com/de-de/pt-pt/home.aspx the alias plus the language parameter

I was looking for a dnn 71 manual but it is not published either
http://www.dnnsoftware.com/Community/Download/Manuals
I downloaded the evoq one but no clear information about it

Do you have any ideas?

Best
Jose
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Hi,

Your observationS, let me think you are not useing thé right version of openurlrewriter.

Do You use thé version for dnn 7.1 ?

Ils thé 3the on thé download page.

Regards,
Sacha
Oct 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Hi

Correct! I installed the correct one and it is working!!!! Thank you!

I realize that include language parameters in the url defined in admin - languages - settings must be activated so it works properly.

The only problem i have now is that the new language german added yesterday not showing in the rules or in the cache.
Any reason for that? Need to rebuild some how?

And final question this alias redirect is granted by DNN 71, dnn advanced url or by open URL rewriter?

Best
Jose
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hi,

The only problem i have now is that the new language german added yesterday not showing in the rules or in the cache.
Any reason for that? Need to rebuild some how?
You can try to clear the dnn cache. This rebuild the openurlrewriter url cache.
Is german published (Admin, Languages) ? I think it have to.
And final question this alias redirect is granted by DNN 71, dnn advanced url or by open URL rewriter?
The user Interface is part of DNN 71
the rewriting algorithm is 100% openurlrewriter (but exist also in the dnn 7.1 advanced url rewriter, with some little differences for multi-language )
Regards,
Sacha