language provider

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Hello

Looking to a print screen you have here on codeplex just realized that my 7.1 version did not install any language provider. Maybe this is the reason i cant see a proper sitemap like you announce and also facing some url problems.

Is it my mistake or is it normal like this?

Best
Jose
Nov 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Hello

Can i have some feedback? Can anyone confirm if 71.0.1 version should have the language provider.

thanks

Jose
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Hi Jose,

Just back from a week holiday without Internet !

You are right on the dnn 7.1.x version of open url rewriter there are no Language provider.

This because the language parameter is managed by the portal aliases.
One for each language. I have seen some people reported some issues, when upgrading from previous dnn version that the aliases are not created automatically by dnn. So you to create them manually. One default alias + one alias for each language.

For example :
www.mysite.com
www.mysite.com/fr
www.mysite.com/en

Regards,
Sacha
Nov 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Hi sachatrauwaen

Sorry for making so many questions :-| but i am facing difficulties...
Best
Jose
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I see also only 1 language in your sitemap. In admin, sitemap try a clear cache.
  • Is there any way to uninstall providers? Or i need to uninstall the module to uninstall it?
Yes, to uninstall you have to uninstall the provider module.
You can also disable a provider per portal in admin, open url rewriter.
Yes links in html module for exemple have to be in the friendly url format.
In the next version your exemle of rls will redirected to the friedly version. But it's to the best practice for links you create.
  • In the same website my host extensions page stop working and it gives me a 404 error if i have open url installed. I read somewhere that host and admin pages were off. Can you think of a reason for that. Could the page not be seen by the module as host?
In the atest version of open url rewriter host and admin pages are rewriten. Normally you will have access as host

If you want i have a look at ou first and last problem, send me a host access to sachatrauwaen [at] yahoo.com

Regards,
Sacha
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Jose,
I have it working here in dnn712 with alias changing per language http://h0.refreshmultimedia.com/about-ussss but when looking to the site map i can't see hreflang atributes. http://testpt.refreshmultimedia.com/sitemap.aspx why is that? Your sitemap provider is on.
This feature works actually only with core content localization enables.
I will look to implement it for your use case.
In the same website my host extensions page stop working and it gives me a 404 error if i have open url installed. I read somewhere that host and admin pages were off. Can you think of a reason for that. Could the page not be seen by the module as host?
There was a wrong record in the tabs table. the record for the page host/extentions was containing a cultureCode en-US, witch is not normal.
I correct it and now it's ok.

Regards,
Sacha
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Hi Sacha

Thank you.

I never used core content localization. I use several modules to grant multilingual.

Not sure what is the best solution.
Can you share your experience? All modules work well with core content localization?

Anyway if you can do a version that permits both solutions would be great.

Best
Jose
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Hi,

I think David from nb_store not really love to use core content localization with nb_store.

I use it often, but not with nb_store.

Regards,
Sacha