This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

'my-profile' vs. site settings for vanity url prefix

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
How do I change the 'my-profile' so it matches the entry in site settings?

Site Settings > Profile Settings > Vanity URL Prefix

The vanity url prefix is entered in the database, but Open URL writer seems to handle it, so that the paths in the skin <dnn:user... point to 'my-profile' and not to the Site Setting.

How to change, match, update?
Dec 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Hi,

Open Url Rewriter have always had a prefix, because it use the "my-profile" page url as prefix.

Maybe you can just put the Vanity URL Prefix in the page url of the "my profile" page settings.

I will look at it how to handle this better.

Regards,
Sacha
Dec 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
If we could change it from 'my-profile' to 'about' or 'whois' (even if it had to be done in the code whould be great. If it could reflect the value in the Site Settings, that would be even better as we have a multi-portal site.

I changed the page prefix, but that didn't do anything.

Your help is appreciated
Dec 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Hi,

I just check it out :

Normally if you click on the user name you have

www.mysite.com/Activity-Feed/userId/1

open url rewriter change it

www.mysite.com/Activity-Feed/[username]

So you have to change the url of the Activity-Feed page in page settings.

Is it what you have try to do ?

Regards,
Sacha
Dec 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Edited Dec 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I love it when a 'scotoma' (blindspot) gets revealed. This was my case. I changed the page name (My Profile) and what do you know? I thought the Open URL Rewriter was 'defaulting' or self-assigning the page name as some core assignment or something. What a dumb thought. Voila!

Thanks for the insight and the laugh.
Dec 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.