This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Catalook provider

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Hello,

has anybody tried to create a module for Catalook? What does it take to achieve that?

Franco
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Hello

Good question!
One more interested!

Jose
Jun 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hi,

My proposition is to make this feature a sponcorised feature. Because it's a lot of work.

I know Franco is interested in it.

We can ask on the dnnsoftware and dnn connect forums if some other people is interested in sponor it.

Jose, are you interesed to sponor this development ?

Regards,
Sacha
Jun 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Hi

Of course it depends of what we are talking about but if we can gather others i can participate.

I did some work before helping ifinity to create url master provider for catalook. It worked but with performance problems.

Not sure if that work can be reused at least partially. Open source available
https://urlmasterproviders.codeplex.com/releases/view/103821

Recently i was thinking to ask someone to give me a test on openurlrewriter and also on advanced url provider for catalook.
Not sure if this work can be done at the same time.

Well ....open to all solutions

Best
Jose
Jun 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Hi Jose,

thank you for your interest, I hope we can get to a solution. The trouble with ifinity is that it does not take into account Apollo page names for localised URLs, at least to my knowledge. I tested it and it always takes the first language name and adds /fr/, /nl/ or so. Unless one changes all the URLs manually, which defeats the purpose.
It probably works with native localisation, but in my case I got an old site with Apollo and if I want to use that I will have to start from scratch on dnn7, which would be my last resort.

Best

Franco
Jun 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Jose,

Yes, the urlmasterprovider can be a good starting point.

Regards,
Sacha
Jun 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Hi

If you can propose a value we can look for sponsors everywhere.
If we cannot find enough you can always sell it as a paid add on.

Also I would like to covert the ifinity provider to a core advanced urls provider because i have projects using core only.
I was thinking to sell it just to pay it and then make it available for everyone.
Sorry for talking about items that are not related to your module but if someone is investing time to see how that works he can solve both.
For someone like me that has several stores with catalook it matters.

And probably if we gather sponsors for both we will have more results.

Can we sell in advance a project that does not exist in dnn store? :-)

I was thinking and writing at the same time. I hope this makes any sense.

Best
Jose